Fisheye Lens suggestion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bjgove1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been shooting with the Canon G11 for over a year now and like it but want "more" out of a camera.
I am currently upgrading my DSLR lenses and want to get a fisheye to eventually use underwater.
The Samyang/Rokinon/Boyer 8mm Manual FE has great topside reviews but I haven't been able to
find anything about its use underwater. Does anyone have any experience with this lens? I know I'm
going to purchase a fisheye, just not sure which one, yet.

Mahalo!

Not sure what slr you will be looking at but you can't go wrong with a Tokina 10-17 fe. Great lens, used quite extensively uw. I can't speak for the particular lens you are looking at for review but the Tokina is excellent. Nice to have some range with focal length imo.

I just picked up a Tokina 10-17 and love it. I also have a 12-24 and I'm pondering selling it...

The Rokinon is a nice lens but its closest focus distance is like 12 to 13 inches. The Tokina 10-17 can focus to 5 inches so you can use it with both big and small domes for CFWA. The Rokinon won't be able to focus with small domes and has no autofocus only manual. Not too big a deal but still you will need to get a funky focus ring for it as well. I would vote for the Tokina myself.
Bill

Definitely the Tokina route. You will be very happy with it, extremely sharp behind the dome, and if you want to explore CFWA, the Tokina with a mini-dome is tons of fun!

Thanks for the input, everyone! I appreciate taking your time to help me out.

I plan to use a Canon T2i. And I start saving for the Tokina 10-17.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom