Fisheye FIX for the S90

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

95_9c1

That's a good idea. I will try that next time out. I did observe that the particular flare I was experiencing was when the offending light source was just slightly in front of the lens. as it gets closer to the center of the frame it becomes a different glare.

Both of the lenses will ghost, the main difference between the one with ghosting and the one without, it may not be obvious, I am much, much closer to the foreground and it is providing some shielding effect and moved the lens and camera angle around to minimize it.

The video idea might be a good way to experiment with observing where the lens flare is greatest. I hate to say this but, again, I doubt flare can be eliminated in these plastic dome lenses, but controlled or minimized, yes.

Not much in this one:

IMG_0065-1_edited-1.jpg

N

Just got back from a trip with a new FIX-s90 case, couple of S&S 110a strobes and the UWL-04. (Thanks Ryan@Reef!) In general, I loved it but the Canon died on day 3 with "Lens Error, Please Restart" and I come home to find announced S95 which will, I'm sure, not work in the case. ("slightly smaller" - awesome!)

First experience with a wet fisheye lens, really liked what it did for the pictures.

Well maybe a price drop on S90's and I can start carrying a spare.

The Fisheye/FIX page now shows a thread on port protector available for the FIX90. The provided version was a slip on plastic unit, the new one, don't know the material, but it is threaded to prevent it from falling off and being lost. Nice for when not uses external lenses etc.

Scroll down:

Google Translate

N

Just got back from my first dive with the new rig, (S90, Fisheye Fix housing and single Inon D2000 strobe) and i love it!! STTL worked a treat with the push in fiber optics.

the only trouble i had was when using an Inon UCL165 lens, a lot of the time i couldnt focus on the subject. It seemed to be when I was closer in or trying to snap a target which was moving around in a little surge. Any advice on using this lens with the camera?

thanks heaps!

Hi All

Just setting up the new rig now. I had moved on from having an Oly MJ8000 with the AD Adapter and corresponding setup.

Inon Optical D Cable (L Type)/Cap W48 Set for Olympus PT-045/047

Is this the right cable or am I using the wrong one as I cant seem to get a good fit on the Fibre Optic adapter on the Fix housing (Im using the flash block as well)

Have attached a photo. Any way around this?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2010-09-14 18.11.00.jpg
    2010-09-14 18.11.00.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 117
Hi All

Just setting up the new rig now. I had moved on from having an Oly MJ8000 with the AD Adapter and corresponding setup.

Inon Optical D Cable (L Type)/Cap W48 Set for Olympus PT-045/047

Is this the right cable or am I using the wrong one as I cant seem to get a good fit on the Fibre Optic adapter on the Fix housing (Im using the flash block as well)

Have attached a photo. Any way around this?

Thanks

The Inon cable, the raw end, goes into the little hole(s) of the FIX adapter. You are not supposed to cut the outer protective sheath back, that is why it does not fit. Trim your cable back to a new end with a sharp single edge razor blade. Cut the cable with it on a hard surface and the single edge blade like a guillotine to get a new, clean end. Leave the outer, black sheath on. The cable end will slip snugly into the FIX adapter, if you push it gently, straight in. I have had no issues with my Inon cables used this way with my FIX.

N

The Inon cable, the raw end, goes into the little hole(s) of the FIX adapter. You are not supposed to cut the outer protective sheath back, that is why it does not fit. Trim your cable back to a new end with a sharp single edge razor blade. Cut the cable with it on a hard surface and the single edge blade like a guillotine to get a new, clean end. Leave the outer, black sheath on. The cable end will slip snugly into the FIX adapter, if you push it gently, straight in. I have had no issues with my Inon cables used this way with my FIX.

N

Exactly, I had the same problem and now I don't.

Thank you very much Nemrod

So just cut back the raw end...will sharp scissors do?

I had that cut I think on the previous setup, as per instruction to fit the Oly adapter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom