Fish Eye for DC2000 - recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alucard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It's time to add to my underwater equipment! As I posted a while ago (My first DC2000 experience) I have a DC2000 which I am very happy with - the quality of the shots underwater has been amazing. But now I want to add the capability of doing wider-angle shots, both for reef scenes and for more close-up stuff.

Everything I read said that the SL975 is the best option for the camera, but it has been discontinued. I see comments on threads saying that the 0.5x add-on is nowhere near as good, and if I am going to be spending a few hundred dollars I really don't want to compromise.

So what is my best option, here? Am I going to be happy with the SL050? Or the SL051?

Could use some advice from people that are familiar with the products.

I am in the same boat. I do have the option to buy a used but in good condition SL975 for 50% of whatever price I can find for a company that has a new one. Or is the SL050 worth the $500 price tag?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom