First week of December - Cocos or Utila / Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Driznik

Contributor
Reaction score
I've had a break in my client schedule pop up, so I'm looking to book another dive trip to knock one of the two top 'must dive' destinations off my list during the first week of December.

What are your thoughts on doing a liveaboard to Cocos that time of year vs. doing the Bay Islands (haven't decided on land based or liveaboard for that one)?

Has anybody done either of these destinations in early December before? I'm thinking I can't really lose either way, but my research says that the big schools of Hammerheads aren't as common as the wet season turns to the dry, but I'm hoping if I do Cocos, there will still be a few big animals around during 'shoulder' season.

Thanks for your help,

Drew

Hello Drew, my name is Mark Aragon both me and my wife are dive instructors and recently opened our own dive shop in Colorado Springs, Colorado. We are currently planning a trip to Roatan, Honduras. We are traveling December 8th thru the 15th,2007. the trip is all inclusive, diving,three meals daily, accomodations,and airfare from Denver, Colorado. We have a special guest Stan Waterman, the producer of " The Deep " and " Into the Blue " will be joing us in Roatan for this awesome trip priced at $1,650.00. We currently have three spaces avail. and is based on double occupancy. We do how ever have a space currently with another single male. Please contact me as soon as possible, the final payment is due Tuesday Oct. 23rd, 2007, so you would probably have to over night. You can call 719-244-3564 ask for Mark or call 719-447-7722 ask for Jolene. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon Coral Dreams Scuba.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for asking - it looks like a great trip. Unfortunately, I just booked onto the Okeanos Aggressor for the week of the 10th, so I won't be able to make it.

Cheers,

Drew

You made a good choice. You can see trip reports and slide shows for both at our site. We loved Cocos so much we are doing a Mapelo/Cocos trip in April.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom