First week of April - diving buddy wanted!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi folks. I'm totally new to the site so apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place...
I'm planning a dive trip to the south of Thailand in the first week of April, after working just before that in the north, and flying home on the 7th.
I have around 50 dives, mostly in La Palma, Canary Islands, where I trained. It's nice and warm there :wink:

I'm rubbish at travelling solo, so I'm sort of looking for tips on where to stay, but mostly hoping I might bump into other divers here who will be around that week, and who I might join for some diving! At the moment I'm thinking of a 2-5 night liveaboard trip to Similan Islands, or nearby, with some relaxed beach time outside of that. Definitely keen on budget options (i.e. hostels rather than hotels, shared cabins rather than luxury etc).

So, if you're thinking of diving in Thailand in early April and have space for a tag-along buddy, shout!

I hope all of the unrest in Bangkok won't cause any interruption to your endeavors in the southern part of that beautiful country or hinder any buddies from flying in. Have fun! Wish I could join you.

What dates are you going to be in Thailand? I am hopefully going to be there in around 1 month's time. Maybe staying in Phuket, will not want to dive every day, but will be looking to do a few day trips.
What would be the best dive sites to visit around there this time of year?

I'll be in Phuket from March 31st to April 7th. Still no idea of plans so open to suggestions, buddy requests etc.
Ta!

I'll be in Phuket from March 31st to April 7th. Still no idea of plans so open to suggestions, buddy requests etc.
Ta!

I'll be there from the 26th to the 5th. I am on a 7 day LOB till the 31st headed to Similan and mostly in Surin/Richelieu, but no plans after that. I wanted to do a LOB in the south (hin daeng) but I can't find one from Phuket, and have not considered travel time to Koh Lanta etc. I think I would be down to do a second Richelieu Rock LOB if you're interested.

I'll be there from the 26th to the 5th. I am on a 7 day LOB till the 31st headed to Similan and mostly in Surin/Richelieu, but no plans after that. I wanted to do a LOB in the south (hin daeng) but I can't find one from Phuket, and have not considered travel time to Koh Lanta etc. I think I would be down to do a second Richelieu Rock LOB if you're interested.

Ace! I'll send you a private message now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom