First UW shots -

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SharkLover

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Okay guys here are my first shots. I have been diving for many years and decided to take the big plunge. These are from a May trip to Yap of 07.

The camera is a casio EX-Z1000 (10 mp) with a Casio case. No strobe or anything extra. The camera was set to "best shot" with macro used on a as required basis.
I am quite pleased.

Give your 2 cent worth!

My gallery can be found here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=54921

Looks to me like your camera casing is casting a shade in the lower left corner of all macro photos. You might want to consider a diffuser of some sort, home made one or see if it exists as an accessory from Casio, to take care of that. If you already use one, well, then I don't know where the shade comes from...

Also, the 'wide' photos could use a bit of WB correction, too much blue. :)

Do you shoot raw with that camera? If so, check out any option regarding 'Levels' in your favourite raw editor.

Otherwise, nice photos there!

That shadow is from my camera casing for sure. I haven't edited these so I could crop it out. How much of a difference will a diffuser make in a situation like this?

evil_xander:
Looks to me like your camera casing is casting a shade in the lower left corner of all macro photos. You might want to consider a diffuser of some sort, home made one or see if it exists as an accessory from Casio, to take care of that. If you already use one, well, then I don't know where the shade comes from...

Also, the 'wide' photos could use a bit of WB correction, too much blue. :)

Do you shoot raw with that camera? If so, check out any option regarding 'Levels' in your favourite raw editor.

Otherwise, nice photos there!

SharkLover:
That shadow is from my camera casing for sure. I haven't edited these so I could crop it out. How much of a difference will a diffuser make in a situation like this?

Huge. :)

No shadow at all, the flash light is evenly 'distributed'.

Great job. I especially liked the grouper and the moray shots. I also liked the fact that you gave the option of viewing the photos in a large size (1024 pixels wide) because this really increases the impact and detail of the photo when viewed on a bigger monitor (It's a pet peeve of mine when people only post small-sized pics). I agree with the previous reply that the color of the non-flash shots of the fish schools could likely be improved by some very simple adjustments in a photo editing program such as Photo Elements or Paint Shop Pro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom