First U/W with Fuji FinePix F10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lowwall

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just got back from Grand Turk where I took my first underwater shots. Camera is a Fuji FinePix F10 and I used the Fuji housing and internal flash. These were taken in Manual mode with the ISO set at 100 (everything else is automatic and can't be overriden, except for a Macro setting for closeups).

Dscf13611.jpg

Dscf1372.jpg

Dscf1312.jpg

Dscf1159.jpg

Full size versions and a few more pics at http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/1790.

Great pictures. I had an F10 for a while. NWGratefulDiver used an F10 to get some great shots as well. They are about as automatic as it comes.

Again your pictures prove that is not all about the equipment but the skill of the photographer. Great composition, by placing the subjects off center, rule of thirds? That blenny looks like it was on top of a giant sand dune. Good work.

Thanks all. I took around 200 pics, bound to be a few decent ones :) The current helped me with the composition. The biggest limitation of the camera is non-flash/macro shots were too blue for words. I tried manually white balancing but it didn't help much. And of course the weak internal flash limited its use to macro shots.

f3nikon? Are you referring to the bottom pic? The fishy is sitting on a big sorta-plate-looking coral.

Can someone ID the fish in the 3rd photo for me? Juvenile filefish perhaps?

Uncle Pug. Since you happened to stop by, I just wanted to let you know that after reading some of your threads, I decided to make an effort to balance out any deep time with shallow time and to take it very slow up from the safety stop.

Even though I was diving air, I felt much less fatigued than I have on previous trips. So thanks for the insights.

Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom