First Trip with Own Dive Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gajeep94yj:
one thing I do to limit this is I buy all my tickets with Amex. they have travel insurance. it's like $4 per ticket (not leg). if my bags are stolen they will reinburse me. I haven't had to use it yet but my father, who travels much more than I do, had his bag stolen one time. the rules are something like if it's lost for 1 hr they will let you spend a few hundres ($200?) to replace what was in there in case you need it that quick. if it was lost completly they will reinburse you for everything.
Good to know about AMex, I will check that out for sure. I usually stuff my regulator in a reg bag and call that my small carry-on and put my BCD, camera, computer and mask in my rolling carryon that fits in most overheads. I check my wetsuit, fins and whatnot in my rolling duffel. We generally fly Alaska Airlines and they don't cover scuba gear.

I happen to have an article just on traveling with your dive gear. See the articles section of my website.

Back
Top Bottom