First Trip to Tahiti or Moorea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the replies. We booked Manava Beach Resort and their in house op is Moorea Blue Diving. They list 15 dive sites and say they almost always encouter lemon, blacktip, and other sharks. Really looking forward to hopefully seeing a Manta in clear water as we have only seen them in Puerto Vallarta, and the vis there is not very good. They charge around $110 for a 2 tank dive, but it does come with all gear included for those that don't have gear. They also sell packages of dives which are discounted. Looking forward to a new location and hopefully lots of sharks.

Thanks for the replies. We booked Manava Beach Resort and their in house op is Moorea Blue Diving. They list 15 dive sites and say they almost always encouter lemon, blacktip, and other sharks. Really looking forward to hopefully seeing a Manta in clear water as we have only seen them in Puerto Vallarta, and the vis there is not very good. They charge around $110 for a 2 tank dive, but it does come with all gear included for those that don't have gear. They also sell packages of dives which are discounted. Looking forward to a new location and hopefully lots of sharks.
When I February? I'm tentatively thinking about the end of January/beginning of February. I was also looking at Manava as well as Sofitel Kia Ora,

We are arriving the 16th.

I dove in Tahiti and bora bora in 2016. Tahiti was okay. Some fish and turtles. In bora bora we dove one time outside the lagoon and one in the western pass into the lagoon. The company I used wouldn’t feed the sharks, but someone else’s was with a bunch of snorkel peeps, so we just settled down below them and watched. 50+ black tip reef sharks and 4 or 5 lemon sharks. That was pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom