First trip coming up....simple question....Price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The price of gas is definitely the issue. Hard to find and costs at least twice as much as gas here in the Pacific NW, which is usually higher than the rest of the US. Right now a gallon here is about $2.50, lower at some stations and higher at others. I bet gas in Placencia is more like $5.50 or $6. It took me a few years to get over the sticker shock at the pump when I rent a car.

And certain things in Belize are just more expensive than you might otherwise expect. Rental cars, for instance. Right now, here at home I'm renting a Hyundai sedan with about 3,000 miles while I wait for my on order Jeep Wrangler to arrive. I'm paying $21.50/day. The beaters I rent in Belize are at least three times that, sometimes more. And by beaters, I mean beaters. Brakes barely work, windows won't roll up, cracks in the windshield, etc.

And lodging's not especially cheap either, unless you want to go the hostel-type route, which suited me fine 40 years ago but now not so much.

Otoh, you can get some great roadside stand meals for cheap.

Attachments

• IMG_4164.jpg
    IMG_4164.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 61
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom