First timers pics, more coming

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I told you all I'd post when I got back so here it goes. Heres a couple of urchins and some type of angel fish I think. I couldn't get the fish ID links to load in a decent amount of time so thought I'd post anyway. One problem....I got close, closer and even closer as I was told but then the 3x lens for my sealife wouldn't focus well at that distance. I took this roll to the camera store by El Ceiba? and the owner Holly was very nice in telling me I was too close and that my flash needed a diffuser. I made some adjustments (stayed back a little more and used a white plastic bag as a diffuser) for the next few rolls and am excited to see how they turned out. I saw a nurse shark, a few eels, an octopus on a night dive, a couple of huge puffers, large and small cowfish etc. I"ll post more tomorrow when I get all the film developed. Thank you all so much for the help before I went. I appreciate it. I'm sure I'll have more ?'s as I go along. Greg

The little angel pic is sort of small but it's either a Juv. Grey or Juv. French Angelfish. Getting close is a good thing but you have to know the focal length of your camera lens and stay with in. For instance, the macro lens on my 5050 has a min. focal length of 8". if i get closer than that it can't focus. Not sure what it is on your camera.

Holly and her husband at Island Photo are great. i learned alot from them both when i started out with a S&S MX-10.

You're pics are good for a beginner, guess you'll just have to go back and practice some more! :D

thanks for sharing, greg... your pics have some nice color, i need to work on that

gt2003:
One problem....I got close, closer and even closer as I was told but then the 3x lens for my sealife wouldn't focus well at that distance.

You bring up a good point here...yes, you have to get close and then get closer BUT you need to do so within the limitations of your camera. Some focus to 2 or 3 cm while others are more at 10 - 12 cms!

I think we forget to add that little tidbit to our "advice"! Glad you found someone in Coz who was able to help you out!!

Thanks for the photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom