First time w/ s100/ikelite - not as positive as everyone else's experiences.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Brian,

Looking at your shots again , I see some that are only half lit. Are you using the diffuser on the housing ? The big white semi-transparent one that creates a smoother light all over the image and prevents the port blocking half of the light ?

Aperture priority on all canon works pretty well for no flash wide angle pictures
In av the camera likes to shoot at multiple of the focal length minus 1/3 so it will pick up 1/60 quite easily this together with evaluative metering produces nice shots for non flash wide angle
However on close ups 1/60 f5.6 tends to be too harsh and the camera will not increase shutter speed so if you still want to shoot in av you need to close the aperture and set exposure compensation to negatives or change the flash exposure compensation to -1 or more if you want to keep 5.6
Ultimately is a matter of experimenting however the camera does a poor job at metering close ups

Thanks Interceptor, makes sense.

mozaik - I was using the semi-transparent diffuser the entire time. The housing came w/ another much more opaque diffuser which I did not mess with.

Back
Top Bottom