first time venice dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:shocked2: I'm not a boy! At least not last I checked. Wow, I hope nothin' happened in my sleep last night... Hrmmm, best go check :tongue::rofl3:

Will there be a dive report with that:rofl3:

Those are some awesome teeth. so this is Venice, same vicinity (roughly) as Tarpon Springs?
Is there still good sponges to check out there? (harvestable?)
cheers!

Dive early. Dive often.

scubachrisw:
so this is Venice, same vicinity (roughly) as Tarpon Springs?

From Colorado, yes. From elsewhere in Florida, no. Venice is south of Sarasota, about 85 miles and an hour and a half from Tarpon Springs. Just a tad further than from Golden to Colorado Springs.

Thanks for the photos. Nice Megs. I signed up for a July 4th afternoon dive with the Florida West operation. It will interesting to see how it differs from the black water fossil diving here in Charleston SC where I live.

venice will spoil you! i wish i was closer to that clear water. the teeth can be really nice quality too. i hope you find some nice one's, can't wait to see the report. Steve and marie are the best!!

Just got back from a dive with Cap. Steve and Maria with Florida West Scuba School. It was awesome and i will definately be back with them soon. Maria is the best assistant i have ever encountered! 4 tank dive and attached is the pics. i only picked up the megs and did not pick up bones, smaller teeth and ear bones. the largest tooth in the middle is a little over 4 inches and these teeth are in the pre-cleaning stage. The larger megs are in pretty good condition. There were a couple of divers that found 5 inchers.

FIRST TIME?!:IO'm still "mad" about that :scorned::winky:

Was out there Sunday and didn't find anything worth noting.

FIRST TIME?!:IO'm still "mad" about that :scorned::winky:

Was out there Sunday and didn't find anything worth noting.

I wish you would have found something really nice:depressed: I am hoping to get back to Venice soon....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom