First Time to Freeport, Bahamas???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oct must be a popular month I get there Oct 2nd and leave the 10th

Jim

Just got back from Lucaya. I took my 13 yo daughter to do the dolphin dive and then she decided she would do the shark dive as well. She loved both dives. Of course the dolphin dive was the highlight, she is still on cloud nine. She can't wait to go back. Unexso did a good job on all the dives and I never got the feeling I was on a cattle boat.

The shop/office staff could us a little more training IMO. They could not get my CC to accept the charges for the dives. I had to call my CC customer service # and they told me Unexso was not entering the proper codes to process the card. The shop staff kept trying to manually enter my CC info into the computer and it kept rejecting it. I told them several times to try swiping the card through the magnetic reader, finally after 40 minutes they tried that and whoalaaa, it worked....... imagine that !

Stayed at Pelican Bay, nice place and Unexso is right next door.

Just returned from Our Lucaya Grand Bahamas. We stayed at the Sheraton and were really satisfied. The room was clean, bed was comfortable, and there was a fridge for your beer. The rate was 95.00 a night before taxes; we got out the door for three nights just under 400 bucks. The pool was closed so we had to use the one next-door with was not that big of a deal. We did not do the all-inclusive and I would not recommend it both because booze is pretty cheap and you can find reasonable restaurants to eat at. We dove with Grand Bahama Scuba. Those guys were great. They picked us up at the hotel both mornings and took us over to the dock. Nice boat, storage house for your gear, great washtub, and short ride to dive sites. We dove: Theo’s, Pygmy Caves, Shark Junction and The Chamber. The visibility varied from 70-110 feet. Theo’s seemed to have the best visibility. Their rates were quite cheaper then UNEXSO. They did not charge extra to do the shark dive and a 4-dive package was only 125.00

I highly recommend Grand Bahama Scuba

Restaurants at Our Lucaya:
I recommend Cally’s Café. Very reasonable prices and good food.
We also ate at an Asian café and it was not bad and reasonably priced
Subway is a cheap lunch and your know what its going to taste like
Giovanni’s was good Italian
Totally avoid the Pub. Food sucks as well as prices.

I have attached some of the better pics below…Enjoy!

Grand Bahamas, Freeport

Can any one tell me if Grand Bahamas Scuba rents Digital Cameras while diving with them. I have a 35mm Minolta that I use but would like to get better pictures while I am there.
176 days till I am there (Grand Bahamas Island)
Thanks
Eric B.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom