Trip Report First Time to Bonaire & Buddy Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cliff is the same as always; easy entry at Dive Friends Hamlet. And Small Wall is still held captive by Black Durgon. But a lot of construction is going on, that’s for sure—especially a very large multiple-building hotel Immediately south of the parking lot used by Bari (and Front Porch) divers.

When I asked about diving Small Wall versus The Cliff, the Buddy Dive staff told me that The Cliff was accessible by boat only. If this isn't the case, then I think this needs to be addressed with Buddy Dive.

Seth

I just dove it today, with no issues. Cliff has not been closed off for the last years :)

2). Rapid PCR tests are not accepted?

I wrote to the contact at the Bonaire Crisis webpage. NAAT rapid tests ARE allowed. Such as the Abbott Labs ID-NOW test. They seem to still consider it a PCR test.

I sent an e-mail to Bas Noij at VIP Divers; he affirmed that there's been no change in the shore access at the Cliff, and no change is expected. Glad to hear it, because I like diving the Cliff.

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed your videos.

Glad you had a nice trip and got some diving in!

I sent an e-mail to Bas Noij at VIP Divers; he affirmed that there's been no change in the shore access at the Cliff, and no change is expected. Glad to hear it, because I like diving the Cliff.
I wrote to the dive manager at Buddy Dive. His response is that there were three seahorses at Cliff and that's what the folks on the boat wanted to see. As a shore dive, he suggested, that would be difficult because of their location....Cliff is a large site and the seahorses were not near the walk-in entrance.

I wrote to the dive manager at Buddy Dive. His response is that there were three seahorses at Cliff and that's what the folks on the boat wanted to see. As a shore dive, he suggested, that would be difficult because of their location....Cliff is a large site and the seahorses were not near the walk-in entrance.
Two seahorses are a 10-minute swim from the entry, but anyway, I hope they saw them!

The Cliff was a cool site, don't get me wrong, but I just figured the boat diving would be to boat accessible dive sites only. From talking with Bonaire veterans and reading a couple guide books we just had other sites in mind that came much more highly recommended. Alas....I'm not bummed that I'll have to come back a few dozen more times :)

Seth

The Cliff was a cool site, don't get me wrong, but I just figured the boat diving would be to boat accessible dive sites only. From talking with Bonaire veterans and reading a couple guide books we just had other sites in mind that came much more highly recommended. Alas....I'm not bummed that I'll have to come back a few dozen more times :)

Seth
Did you see seahorses at Cliff?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom