First Time Out Since Dec. & Experienced a Few More Firsts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuzzA

Wetwork for Hire
Reaction score
Got out with my buddy today and it was the first time I had 36" gags damn near wanting me to pet them...

Schools of 24" plus Red Snapper in 50-60 fsw either begging for the steel or a hug. Not sure which, but the NOAA & NMFS is nuts...

Saw my first natural shark predation on a fish from about 15 ft. away...

Multiple free swimming full size adult goliaths in the water column over relatively small ledges shadowing us...

And finally this gang that cruised by the boat...

Basically, it's pretty awesome to be a diver. But you guys knew that.

That's pretty cool. Decent sized school. Seeing the Shark predation is neat also. I haven't seen too many sharks but one of my first sitings was two black tip reef sharks coming up hitting fish in a loosely packed school about 15 feet above the reef. Thanks for posting.

Now that is a good day on the water. Congrats.s! Which part of Florida?

Richard.

...Not sure which, but the NOAA & NMFS is nuts...

False data results in bad decisions

Nice vid on the Mobula's. We get the schools of them on the east coast right around the 1st week of December hugging the shoreline. Pretty cool to swim with and harmless too. Follow the birds to find them!!

Indeed John...

We just wrapped up a couple drops and spotted a frigatebird approaching and then the school passed by. I've seen them congregate shorelines, but never offshore like that. If followed long enough I'd bet they present a good opportunity to spot a hammerhead.

I'm sure all your gags will miraculously disappear once the grouper season reopens. ARS closure is a joke but, I see the Gulf will be getting a sport season

very cool video...looks like you had great conditions that day...thanks for sharing.

I'm sure all your gags will miraculously disappear once the grouper season reopens. ARS closure is a joke but, I see the Gulf will be getting a sport season

They'll be running as soon as the season opens. LOL, we'll be lucky to get within two shafts lengths.. I'm not sure you can call 3 days a "Season". It will probably get blown out as well.

Here's a quick video of the dives. Unfortunately, I gambled with the battery on the second dive and of course it died half way through, so I didn't capture the shark predation and goliaths in the water column. I deserve it for being lazy. I knew better.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom