First time in salt water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, you gotta watch those NC divers with all their spearguns...I felt like I was on the front lines in Afghanistan. I just like to look around...oh, and avoid the spearguns..

but, we may meet up there sometime. Wilmington is only about 5-6 hours from me and I know one of the owners of Aquatic Safaris (my instructor was his instructor).

Originally posted by wetman
I'll definitely be getting down there again - my sister moved down to Wilmington. Must get out with more sharks. You guys know which is the very best wreck for sharks in large quantities?

My brother just moved away from Wilmington... I wish I knew about the diving down there earlier!

I can't answer for everything, but I can answer for the wrecks I dove. The Caribsea had a decent number of sharks, and the Atlas had a _lot_. When we dove the stern on wednesday there were quite a few, and a couple of the guys swam off into the sand a few yards and found a pod/school [whatever] of 17 or so. [All Sand Tigers].

Sand_Tiger_2.jpg

Just a comment from one of those spearfishers you love to hate...

Face the baracuda and move toward it if necessary, by establishing that you are dominant first, they will leave you alone (oh yea, and keep yourself between the stringer of fish and the baracuda, they love a free lunch).:)

soory so late in posting was surfing found your post . well Glade you had a good time , i too enjoy the willmington area and you would really enjoy the myrtle beach area too in sc well consider your self lucky sharks do get seen but not as much as people thing either !!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom