First time DSLR buyer: Anyone using the Sony Alpha 100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MattT24

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I am looking at purchasing my first DSLR. I am seriously considering the Sony Alpha 100. My current second choise is the Canon Rebel XTi. Any thoughts or suggestions? Anyone out there currently using the Sony? If so what housing did you go with (I am looking at the Ike)?

Thanks

The Sony may well be a perfectly good camera but, from what I hear from serious photographers, if you want a serious digital camera buy one with the word "Canon" or "Nikon" written on it.... They're the manufacturers that really invest in DSLR design. (I think the Sony is based on a Minolta technology aquisition) :)

Be sure to check out your lens options to make sure you can get suitable macro, wide-angle, and fish-eye lenses (as well as those for topside). I don't know much about the Sony lenses.

David

Get the Rebel XT (or XTi) over the Sony. Sony camera is a Minolta. There's a reason Minolta went belly up. Sony's attempt to revive the dead brand has not been well received.

Back
Top Bottom