First Time BP/W Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

1. Dive Rite Deluxe Harness with Quick Release
2. Dive Rite Aluminum Backplate

Will I be able to attach weight / weight pocket directly to the tank cam strap or is it best with a separate strap...for easy release?

Thanks

my mistake - sorry

We are going to need WAY more info than you are providing. You can attatch weight pockets to the cam straps, but in my opinion at least a few pounds of weight should be ditchable, which means you need to be able to reach it, so not on the tank.

If you are needing alot of weight with this setup, get a stainless backplate. The idea here is a balanced system, right tool for the job kinda thing. Tell us what you are wearing for exposure suit, water temp, your build/body type, steel or AL tanks and size, and fresh or salt water. Also, how much weight have you been diving before the plate with the same suit/tanks, ect?

I would suggest keeping your weight system seprate from your harness. A weight harness would work better that attaching weights to the cam straps.

Or put some on a tank band in pockets and keep some on a belt.

For example:

With an AL80 I put 6#'s in 2 tank strap pockets and another 6#'s on a belt. Helps trim to split it up.

With an HP120 I use 6# on a belt only.

What ever works for you but a couple of weights on a belt is not hard to manage

I have not purchased the system yet -- was just drawing up a list of options and what I will need.

Thanks everyone for your feedback -- all very helpful!

I have not purchased the system yet -- was just drawing up a list of options and what I will need.

Thanks everyone for your feedback -- all very helpful!

Why Dive Rite?

Why aluminum?

Why "de-lux" harness?

Why quick release?

Need to know what you're looking for and why you want that.

Personally, I'd go right to a one piece harness instead of starting with lots of buckles and straps and clips you probably don't need. I started out with the DR Delux Harness w/Quick Release thinking it would be easier to don/doff and more comfortable than a one-piece harness. Wrong. Switched after about 10 dives. The "delux" harness is far from being such. Harder to adjust/fit. Less adjustable overall. The quick release buckle fell right on my collar bone no matter how I tried to adjust it. The extra straps and swivels flip around, get twisted and caught up when donning. If you have limited mobility something with a release might be nice, but other than that there's really little/no need.

They look and sound cool :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom