First Things First

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
1/ I have Canon Rebel (film} and two YS 120 TTL Duo strobes. One of the strobes will charge up but not fire. I have tried it in test and slave but it will still not fire?

2/ I am thinking of going to a digital, a Canon XT, is there a converter that will let me use the strobes with the Canon XT?

3/ Can I use the ports from my Rebel housing with a xt housing?

I would like a yes to 2 & 3 before I pay to repair the strobe.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi-
1) The YS-120 has a circular arc tube that (like any light emitting bulb) can go out with extended years or use in service. This sounds like the issue. It can be replaced by service facilities such as Backscatter, Reef Photo, or Pacific Housing Repair.

2) The Canon XT/EOS 350 is 3+ years old and out of production, there are a few products still compatible. 3 remaining SEA&SEA DX-350D housings available here. The current YS Converter/C is compatible with the YS-120 strobes and the XT camera.

3) Current housings are compatible with NX series ports, if your older film housing utilized NX ports they would be compatible.

Hi-
1) The YS-120 has a circular arc tube that (like any light emitting bulb) can go out with extended years or use in service. This sounds like the issue. It can be replaced by service facilities such as Backscatter, Reef Photo, or Pacific Housing Repair.

2) The Canon XT/EOS 350 is 3+ years old and out of production, there are a few products still compatible. 3 remaining SEA&SEA DX-350D housings available here. The current YS Converter/C is compatible with the YS-120 strobes and the XT camera.

3) Current housings are compatible with NX series ports, if your older film housing utilized NX ports they would be compatible.

Thanks for the speedy reply. It sounds like that is the way for me to go

Back
Top Bottom