First stage regulator with built in digital IP gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From what i can make out, it appears that it doesn't give you an actual readout of the IP but only an "OK" / "notOK" readout. I suppose that it makes sense to have something like that. Gear up, pressurise and see a nice big OK on top of the 1st stage, that would add some re-assurance maybe, especially if its been a while since the last service and you are going on a big dive.

Not a have-to-have by any means but Im sure there are those who would find that useful. I have an IP gauge and cant think that I have ever used it routinely on the boat before a dive. Usually I use it as a response to a problem.

Maybe think of it like a check engine light, it doesn't replace any service requirements etc but does give you a heads-up that there's something fishy going on.

Sure, assuming the game is selling useless gimmicks.

There's always someone that likes a gimmick.

We all know ' That Guy' that has all the gadgets in his bag and always has something new that will transform his diving.
You can usually pick whatever it is up off him cheap in a couple of months when he is bored with it and on to the next thing.

...no idea about what it stores, but there shouldn't be any data from IP that could void a warranty.

I was thinking along the lines of a service interval log. But then I realized that info is filed away when service is done anyways. No need for a chip to keep track of it.
It does look cool but I don't trust electronics. I've done enough bench tech work to know how unreliable electronics are.

It's probably just a matter of time before all the major brands have one. All using the same chip but with different looking displays ;-) So many choices lol.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom