First Solo Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pictures. Is it me or do you still use film?

I looked at Buddy Dive's website and price list and it is definitely making me think about my next vacation!

We use Buddy for the diving packages, but have found it a bit more ecconimical to book an apt threw Remax or another agent, rent a truck threw AB rentals and do our own thing. We did Buddy resort a couple of times, and Den Lamen, til we got to know Bonaire.

No film, just an inexpensive (relatively :shakehead:) SeaLife DC500. I did adjust the ballance levels and crop and resize down in PS, which all I know how to do so far. :shakehead:

Jim:

Good pics again. BON is a great place to solo dive for photos.

I do love my SeaLife cameras. I have the 600 which I stopped using with a strobe. I just do the sea mode white balance automatic thing for above or below 25 fsw. Works really great with minimal tweaking in Adobe's Auto Levels option. I also have a Reefmaster Mini (no longer made) for use in classes and other fun stuff. I also avoid any flash use with it even in (or especially in) the quarries locally. My "real" UW camera is a DSLR - Nikon D70 in Ikelight housing with 125 strobe. However, the convenience of the Sea Life system, size, etc. is almost unbeatable.

Yes, Dan, it is a very easy use, small camera, that you can forget you even have when it's not attached to a strobe.
The DC500 is as close to a real camera as I own. I do find the strobe more hassle than it's worth at times, so either I switch to sea mode uw, or leave it behind.
When I decided to try an uw camera I had never shot digital, but figured it was the way to go uw, even for a beginner. My first was the DC100, which had just come out and it was a fun starter, and a pretty decent entry machine.
I am not planning on any serious photo work, just enjoying sharing what I see uw, with people who have never been there, so the SeaLIfe's have worked OK for me. Maybe someday......who knows....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom