first shots with the T2i/EFS-60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Totally agree Magrone. I see he metering is pattern. It has been suggested to me by people who are more expert than I to use center weighted average for metering which I do. That may help but the flash EC is a great call. I find it is pretty much on for Macro but more light is definitely better and cranking it up there is a very good idea. I use optical for my S2000s and am happy with it which I think I need to be as I don't think I really have another option at this point.

good info

Is that underexposing problem specific to this model body? I don't have the issue with my 40D at all and don't use compensation for exposure, just strobe power and placement (with my manual settings, of course!)

@NW - isn't the 60mm great fun?! Looks like you're finding lots of neat critters to practice on - look forward to seeing more :)

Hey thanks folks for all the really great info ... I just have to figure out what language you're speaking ... :D

I talked to Jack Connick about the underexposure issue when I was in his shop a couple weeks ago, and he suggested it's due to the fact that I'm using manual settings on the strobes, rather than the TTL setting.

I'm just getting started on learning how to play with this toy. And unfortunately I haven't had the opportunities to get out and play as much as I used to ... been slammed with classes lately, which is a good thing considering what I just spent on photography equipment.

Hope to take the Tokina on its first dive tomorrow evening ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Is that underexposing problem specific to this model body? I don't have the issue with my 40D at all and don't use compensation for exposure, just strobe power and placement (with my manual settings, of course!)

Strictly speaking from my own experience
with the Canon T2I, this applies only to Inon strobes set to S-TTL. I'm not sure about other Canon models as I haven't used any others under water. This rule mainly applies to shooting about F11 or smaller anything larger and the S-TTL is pretty accurate.

I now shoot with a Nikon D7000 but the same rule applies for proper exposure using S-TTL. With my current setup of Inon Z240's I leave the flash comp alone and bump the exp. comp to +.7. This will work in a variety of situations including super macro with a 105mm/ +10 Subsee diopter combo. CFWA with the Tokina requires more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom