First Post - Need specific info on Carribean Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bugswife

Reaction score
Hi,
I usually get all of my travel info at fodor's travel talks, but after just discovering this board I am thrilled. I do not dive, only snorkel, but my husband has over 200 dives under his belt. He has been on 3 week live aboards to Palau, Truk, Yap (twice). Has also dove Cozumel, Cancun, Aruba, Costa Rica, Bonaire, Belize, Dominica, Zanzibar, Tahiti, Grand Cayman, and probably others that I can't remember. I have accompanied on most of these trips to snorkel.

We are planning a diving trip at the end of June to anywhere in the Carribean. Here is the criteria. Can anybody help?

Beach accomodations, luxury--but not super expensive. Sandy beach.
Snorkel off the beach (for moi)
Better than the average 'resort' diving for jaded Mr. Bug
Good food is very important, all inclusive is not.
Some night life would be appreciated.

And, if that were not enough, I am super freaked out about him diving in rough currents and very deep water. I mean, really freaked. So, if there are any great locations without these two things I would be totally appreciative.

Thanks! Can't wait to get into the swing of things here!

Turks & Caicos - but mostly(all?) boat diving.
St Maarten - with day trips to Antiqua and Saba.
Curacao - although it's similar to Bonaire, just bigger.

Curacao!! Mariott,, nice place, sheltered beach though most of the beaches in Curacao are coral beaches.

May I suggest Culebra PR? Not real big into night life here but awsome place to relax and unwind. Fantastic diving and snorkling too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom