First pictures with new Oly digicam.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee & landlocked, I am embarrased to say that I can't properly ID the fish in the first photo. I was thinking that it was a regular rock fish (a catch-all name for me that identifies about half of the fish that hang out on and in the rocks), but I'm having my doubts. It could very well be a Sea Robin. The boat has laminated ID charts. I should start making positive ID's after I take photos.

Allan, what are you suggesting, that I take my diminutive PT-012 and put it on steriods!? LOL! Seriously though, that is one cool looking strobe and lens setup. After I get a few more shots with the D-40 alone (to answer your question, the shots were taken with the internal flash alone) I will certainly be looking to add a strobe. I will sure be giving you a call or email when I am ready to make the investment.

Thanks again to all who have responded!

Hi Crab,

I'm not a biologist, but I'm pretty sure the fish picture is one of the many species of Sculpins. I would guess that it is a Buffalo Sculpin ( better known as a "bullhead"). The spines look a lot like a Red Irish Lord ( another Sculpin ), but the color is wrong.

Great close-ups of the Wolfie!

Boydski

Boydski,

I showed the fish to a person at work today and they made the same ID. A Buffalo Sculpin it is.

Thanks for the compliment on the eel shots. I got those on the short wall near Sunset park. I've been to that wall about 4 or 5 times now and have seen the same three eels and two giant octopi everytime. It's a regular deal. I think they do three shows a night! I love that spot!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom