First pics with my new strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

southernblue

Registered
Reaction score
:DGot my new Ikelite ds125 strobe wet today and tested out my new 60mm macro and 10-22 wide on my 400d in the ike box.

I started out with the 60mm down at my local breakwater, vis was 5m or so and a mild 11 degrees:blinking:, there wasn't much to be had in the way of jumping in your face macro ops, but i did get to at least focus on some critters for my first taste in closeup, and i gotta say i like it.

I then had a speedy surface interval, pulled the anchor and headed inside the breakwater under the pylons.

I towel dried the housing and port area as best i could and changed the 60 for the 10-22 and popped the new dome on.

The view was amazing right from the time i looked down, and i am glad i moved my strobe around a bit, just a little bit of backscatter in the last 2 pics:( i love these places, i fired away with the camera for as long as my air lasted, and sufaced with a real buzz, i think i am hooked:14:
IMG_6502copy.jpg
IMG_6504copy.jpg
IMG_6510copy.jpg
IMG_6511copy.jpg
IMG_6516copy.jpg
IMG_6526copy.jpg
IMG_6521copy.jpg
IMG_6522copy.jpg
IMG_6512copy.jpg
IMG_6513copy.jpg

Hi Southernblue,

Good pics. Looks like you didn't have too much trouble with backscatter.

One thing you might do in your posting is to put a hard return or blank line between each picture insertion so that they line up vertically and not horizontally. That will make it easier for the rest of us to view and comment on you photos. You can easily modify your post by hitting the "edit" button while you are viewing your post.

Enjoy the stobe. I also have a DS125 and now want a second one.

David

I too recently started shooting with a DS125 and have loved the results so far :D . Unfortunately there really is nothing much to see where I am diving :( . I love the shot looking up through the pillars with the sun at the top. Great shot. That and the boat prop os an excellent shot as well. I have started saving for a second DS125 for my set-up. Can't wait.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom