FIrst Pic with C4040

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ronsch

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Attached is the second picture ever with the new camera. I used Camedia Master to clean up the edges and some tips from Dee to reduce the file size. I still haven't quite figured out how to insert the picture directly into the post with the img code when the pic is on my hard drive. There was surprisingly little backscatter in all my pictures. I will be quite content to use this for the rest of the season with an external strobe.

On my second underwater picture, all I got was fish butts!

You're on the right track. Nice shot.

Karl

I got plenty of those myself!

That last sentence in the first post should have said "without an external strobe".

Pretty good pic. I dive a lot of lakes so I think my second photo underwater with my oly 4000 was solid black. I have to set the camera to manual then set the fstop to 2.8 and the shutter speed around 10. If I use the automatic settings everything comes out black because the shutter does not stay open long enough. Good luck with your photography.

Ron....the size is perfect. I never can get Queen Angels to face me like that.

Next time you clean up some backscatter, you might want to match your cover a little better...I can see solid black areas where you wiped it. I haven't used Camedia that much so I can't help with how to do it. If you'll email the original to me, I'll show you what I mean.

BTW....the only way to get your picture to show up in your post is to have it hosted on the internet somewhere. When you upload from your hard drive, it can only show up as an attachment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom