First open water "Dry" Suit dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cheers to the 1st OW dive on a TLS350, today was my first in my new suit as well. Not specially cut for me. I just got it this week and knew it was a little big. 1 dive earlier this week in a pool then today and I came back a little wet on both. A new neck seal is coming soon. What was your dive profile like? I got to enjoy about 60 fsw and 43 deg waters here :D. I hope the suit treats you well. Mine needs a little tailoring but think I'm going to love it.

The water outside of the suit is cold, the air inside the suit is warm(from body heat), which forms condensation. Much like a single pane glass window. It is not uncommon to have some dampness. If there was a leak you would probably see higher concentrations of moisture around the leaking area.
I can deal with dampness, but being wet in cold water, not so much.:no
Enjoy your suit, it will certainly make things more pleasant.:D

Dang... almost forgot I had this thread going lol. Thanks for the tips. I was all over the place, talk about jacked up profile LOL. No ankle weights, I don't think I am going to need them. My profile (even though it's a little off right now) is still pretty nice. Reading this I believe it was just some sweat, and condensation inside the suit. I got heated getting to the beach (double PST 100's LOL), then kicking a full wing through 6 foot surf! I got worked over LOL. GREAT F"N DIVE!!!! Gotta get a P-valve soon though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom