First Oly 5050 shots from Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a great time diving!

For some reason I am getting a lot of pink/red on some of the images...especially the first turtle and the cod. Might just be my monitor...wait for others to chime in to see if they see the same thing.

How did you like the camera set-up?

Yeah...I see the pink, too. On the turtle is in skin areas of his neck and 'shoulders'.

Other than that...Cool Pics!

Some very cool pictures there! thanks for sharing.
Little tip: On the octopus pics, use the color cast tool (click around in the darkest or lightest area until the photo has a jean blue or yellow braunish hue) and then used the auto levels you maybe will get rid of the red spotties and get more color in the picture.

alcina:
Looks like a great time diving!

For some reason I am getting a lot of pink/red on some of the images...especially the first turtle and the cod. Might just be my monitor...wait for others to chime in to see if they see the same thing.

How did you like the camera set-up?

Thanks for your feedback Alcina. Yes, the turtle does have a red tint around the head area. I can't figure out what caused it, when I first viewed the shot, it looked like the red autofocus beam was showing up in the photo. Please let me know which other shots have a pink/red tint. Since I use an iMAC, maybe the colors are not calibrated for a PC monitor- I ma not sure.

justleesa:
Some very cool pictures there! thanks for sharing.
Little tip: On the octopus pics, use the color cast tool (click around in the darkest or lightest area until the photo has a jean blue or yellow braunish hue) and then used the auto levels you maybe will get rid of the red spotties and get more color in the picture.

justleesa, thanks for the tip on the octo- I tried everything to bring out some color with no success. I will try your suggestion.

Nice pics.

Joe

LAWDIVER:
Nice pics, did you use the internal flash or no flash?

Thanks Lawdiver,

I used the internal flash for all the photos. Many of the photos were adjusted in Adobe Elements to remove the blue and bring out the color. I still need to improve my technique but overall I am getting more comfortable with digital.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom