First Nitrox and computer alarmed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again all especially Riger for going through that log. i suppose those rapid ascents were going a few feet up over the deck of the ship to surprise the fish. I always exhlale on those quick little peeks and i guess i thought that was good enough.

Yah, I'd say it's good enough. Short bursts of "speed" like that aren't going to hurt you. Looking at the curve, it's obvious you were in control (except maybe during that final ascent to the surface...)

Never even thought about the rasing of my arm quickly. I usually ascend up the anchor line and I use my left hand (computer hand) as the guide and I'm sure that I do it fairly quickly at times. I have really learned quite a bit from this post and I will definitely break out that pesky manual and go over it a little more thoroughly this time. I fee like I'm a freak about safety but this has shown I definitely could have done more with the computer side. I NEVER rely on my computer for bottom times. I plan the dive carefully and listen for unexpected beeps, which I got here due to my ignorance of the computer.

Lesson learned

It is my opinion that for the amount of faith that the average diver puts in their computer, there is low % of those divers that really understands the machine. Most times this is inconsequential, sometimes it can hurt.

I am not referring to you here Rusty, this is only a general statement.

Best Regards
Richard.

I would like to give the OP "Props" for ending the dive like he did...better safe than sorry, right?

......... Snip .........

I'm thinking about the data mask with HUD

This is a somewhat "controversial" way to go, there are many pro's and con's. It is also rather expensive. My advise is take your time before you commit.

Regards

Richard

another 'puter quirk - if you're ever using one for deco, be careful fiddling with your pee valve with that hand. mine thinks i've dropped below 20ft and then thinks i'm toxing when i'm just trying to pee.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom