First Monterey Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirtybit

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
On Sunday jefmichaud introduced me to Monterey diving at Breakwater. I totally blew my weight calculations on the first dive and had to abort but we got to hang out with an otter who was so busy eating his crab that he floated within about 5 feet of us.

The second dive worked out much better and we got to see a seal zipping around at about 40 ft. All in all I am now completely hooked on Monterey diving. My wife snapped a few photos and I attached two of the best (more to come).

Jeff, If you want the full size images let me know and I'll give you a link.

Attachments

• monterey1.jpg
    monterey1.jpg
    391.1 KB · Views: 51
  • sealnose.jpg
    sealnose.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 50
Ah, glad you had a great time! Sorry, I was out of the country and missed your intro thread. Welcome to California!

Most of my first 200 dives were in warm tropical water, and the majority of my last 180 dives have been here in cold water. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about converting to cold water diving ;-). I live in Belmont so we are neighbors.

Congratulations on your introduction to Monterey!

I love diving there -- in fact, I make a trip there once a year, just because the diving is so beautiful. And the Breakwater is just scratching the surface, so to speak -- next time, make Lobos reservations!

Woo! When Cris mentioned he was going to bring a grill and cook brats, I was already pretty sure he'd make a great dive buddy :) There was also a juvenile wolf eel - I tried to snap a photo but he retreated when I pulled out the camera. And, a massively huge dendronotus, completely owning its tube anemone. Along with the marine mammal encounters, all in all, a great way to spend an otherwise lazy sunday!

Congrats on your first Monterey dive. And a juvi wolf eel too? Pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom