First Mexico cave dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love Chan Hol. That is a major problem with Mexico, so many great caves. I often want to hit sites I've already done to see them again, leaving only a day or two for new sites.
Agree. We've been going for 10+ years multiple times a year (until recently) and would always go to different sites, maybe repeating one once. The past two times we went we decided to pick a cave and learn it. In the 10 days of diving between the two trips we did 6 at Taj Maha and did them on ccr, so we saw nearly the entire cave. I'm starting to know it as well as I once knew Ginnie and Peacock. Taj is by far my current favorite cave.

I’ve booked another trip to tulum in November and wanted to ask for any site recommendations.I’ll be there for 8 days diving. So far I’ve seen nahoch and Mayan blue. Any suggestions?

-Chan Hol
-Taj Mahal (don't let it being a "training cave" fool you, it's beautiful)
-Tux Kapaxa (great when you have a guide cause it's a long drive over a few decent inclines).
-Anything at ponderosa (again a training cave, but it has some amazing haloclines and you can get away from other teams and feel like you own the cave even if you see a bunch of teams on the surface)

These are my quick suggestions for a newer mexico cave diver. There are MANY MANY MANY others, but these above are mostly easily accessed, forgiving to newer divers, and quick easy access to dive shops in case there's an issue (not tux kapaxa though). The above all kind of fall under the "vacation diver" or "training" sites, but don't let that fool you. They are still amazing caves. I've been diving mexico a long time and can't stop going back to Taj

-Tux Kapaxa (great when you have a guide cause it's a long drive over a few decent inclines).

You could spend a whole week at Tux! But it is a drive. Otocha Ha is awesome, you go left and you can actually "exit" into another cenote, dark cave left, very white if you go right. And going right, off some jumps, you can find fossilized small animal prints. Both are great scooter dives.

You could spend a whole week at Tux! But it is a drive. Otocha Ha is awesome, you go left and you can actually "exit" into another cenote, dark cave left, very white if you go right. And going right, off some jumps, you can find fossilized small animal prints. Both are great scooter dives.
I agree. I'd love to dive Tux multiple days back to back but since it's such a long drive from tulum we tend to only do it once per trip only

Otoch ha looks unbelievable thank you ! Looking for videos of tux but having trouble finding some

The only cave diving I've done on the Mexican mainland was in Merida. Cool stuff, 150-180' deep too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom