First liveaboard..... :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you can advise whether of not it is cool to wear socks with sandles in other parts of the world

Whaaaa????:eek:

It is NEVER "cool to wear socks with sandles[sic]"!

Talk like that will get you drummed off this board, laddie.

Next thing you know you'll be telling us you have one of those red bathing suits with the white diagonal stripe across it a la Diver Down Flag....

~SubMariner~

SubMariner: You have obviously never visited Portland in mid winter when Birkenstocks and socks are a real fashion item for some. The practice presumably keeps one's feet warmish even when wet.

I agree that caution is the word when trying to do this elsewhere in the world.

How did you know about my shorts? :tease:

hey sue.....if he took us both we would have dive partners!!! cool.

Hey, I agree about the socks and sandles statement. It gets chilly once in awhile in Northern Cal, and I love wearing sandles. The only way to do so is with socks sometimes. Every try wearing nice leather sandles/Birkenst./ etc with wool socks. Pretty comfy, let me tell ya. If this fashion statement is out of touch, then at least I am still cool with my mullet...

:guitar:

What the hey, alot of people where there socks in their sandals in Mich., sometimes it's frickin cold here! Myself, I wear decks shoes almost all the time, even in the winter....with no socks:D
Did you get your haircut style from watchin Joe Dirt...te'?=-)

Caymaniac

The mix is vinegar and alcohol not vinegar and water. Sorry for the confusion.

Wreck Ranger

Take some rain gear. It is rainie season!

I have to admit..... leaving Portland for the Bahamas, I wore socks with my sandals for the plane ride.... hey....it gets cold on the jets.....(but i took them off before we landed in sunny Nassau.)

Tanstaafl...I'm planning a birthday dive to flower gardens too in June or July...Mine will be my 50 th. Maybe see ya there...which date and boat for you?:Birthday:

Back
Top Bottom