First Dives after OW (Gallery)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Linthorn

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am a brand new diver from Maryland, just certified Sep 22 in Puerto Rico in time for a cruise. I just posted my pics from the cruise in a Gallery. Let me know what you think. BTW, I have since gotten my AOW and logged 17 dives.

Linthorn
Image by Linthorn (Copyright) posted at ScubaGallery

good job!

the wreck shot is quite nice.

keep diving, keep shooting

Nice job - keep us posted with more as you go.

Thanks for the kind comments. First attempt, I'm not as dissappointed as I thought I'd be.

I was using a MX-10 film camera with strobe. Interesingly, on this camera the backscatter is square (bokeh)!

I have to say that taking pics underwater is phenomenally different than land-based. On land I'm moderately competent, but underwater is another beast. Also, since they were my first dives post certification, I had lots to think about. I heartily recommend doing the first dives over coral. You get your buoyancy right immediately! No where to land, no where to kneel. Gotta hover. Helped me a lot, but adds complexities to the shoot.

The pics were developed with the Kodak Sea-Processing, but I re-scanned a couple of negs to get some of my blues back. Some had too much red, and the blues all went to green. I'd do digital, but I'm so new to this that I can't justify the cost, yet. I am digital for land (DRebel & many lenses).

Back
Top Bottom