First dive of the season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UKPhil

Registered
Reaction score
Kicked off the season on Sunday with a great shore dive, Burton Bradstock beach in Dorset near Bridport, 12 miles from our new home after relocating from the South East!

Perfect conditons- deserted beach, dead calm, sun shining, 10degrees water temp and >10m vis with loads to see.

Kids on beach with buckets and spades, and its just April- hopefully a good seasons weather awaits!

Looking forward to exploring the rest of the coastline...

Phil

:)

It's snowing today. I've think we've just had our summer ;-0

I have a few dives planned in Dorset this year, I hope we get conditions that good. It was 7 degrees and 3m viz in Portland last month.

When you say there was loads to see, what kinda things ?

Only nosy because I'd like to do some diving down there this year and am looking for good sites.

Cheers
Hoppy

Probably didn't catch all the critters cos it was a check out dive, but plenty of crabs running around, plaice (I think) and some smaller fish. Better than 2 days previously at an inland site anyhow, where all we saw was murky water and silt! Get a copy of the Dive Dorset guide, all the sites are listed in there.

cheers
Phil

I'm heading to Weymouth this weekend for a few warm-up dives and my first time in the sea this year. Hopefully it won't be too cold and the vis will be good (although I'm taking the thermals just in case :) ). Then off to Australia on Wednesday evening, I can't wait!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom