First dive, found a golf ball!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndrewST

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Woo! You all read that right! My first dive, found a Golf Ball! Take that with all your fancy, " I found an entire ship" thing...:D It was at 44 Feet in the river, closest Golf Course is about 8 miles away, not near a river!

My Instructor laughed at me in good humor though, after the dive he seen it sitting on my fins and was like "You actually kept it!?" my reply was simple....

"It is my first dive, and just as good as finding treasure! It stays as memorabilia!"

.......................now if I can only find out where my 4 year old hid it, I could take a photo! :eyebrow:

Heeey, I found one on my cert dives too, and was highly impressed with myself. I could not understand why the instructor looked at me long when I packed it into the car.

i was diving in the flint river one time and found a mini-pad and lo and behold a few minutes later a maxi-pad along with a hospital arm band came floating by. this is not a joke.

Good little find.
Not only can you use it as memorabilia but if you drill a hole in it and put a bungee cord through the hole you can wrap it around your tank and use it as a tank banger.

Woo! You all read that right! My first dive, found a Golf Ball! Take that with all your fancy, " I found an entire ship" thing...:D It was at 44 Feet in the river, closest Golf Course is about 8 miles away, not near a river!

My Instructor laughed at me in good humor though, after the dive he seen it sitting on my fins and was like "You actually kept it!?" my reply was simple....

"It is my first dive, and just as good as finding treasure! It stays as memorabilia!"

congrats!

I remember the first time I saw/found a golf ball underwater! the thing looked HUGE from a distance.

always fun to find stuff like this, even if it's really nothing.

.......................now if I can only find out where my 4 year old hid it, I could take a photo! :eyebrow:

I know the feeling.

I bought a new dive light and my kid took it within two minutes of it being in the box and took it off playing "flashlight" with it! :rofl3:

i was diving in the flint river one time and found a mini-pad and lo and behold a few minutes later a maxi-pad along with a hospital arm band came floating by. this is not a joke.

But if you took the maxi pad home you are one seriously deranged diver :cool2:

But if you took the maxi pad home you are one seriously deranged diver :cool2:[/QUOTE]

when i say i found, i meant i saw. i stayed as far away as possible once i figured out what they were. underwater they looked huge!!

Not only can you use it as memorabilia but if you drill a hole in it and put a bungee cord through the hole you can wrap it around your tank and use it as a tank banger.[/QUOTE]

i guess you could tie a rubber band on the items i saw and use as a sleep mask. ha ha:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom