First dive at KwaZulu area!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gio7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everybody!:wink:
We will be at S.Africa for our honeymoon from 3rd july 2008 till 20th july...Will be at Phinda lodge from 8th-12th(4 nights) and then we have 4 days till we have our next safari experience at exeter dulini lodge...We would like to do our first dive and our tour agent suggested Sodwanabaylodge...I read in the forum that it's really recommended together with Coral Divers....We are thinking of staying 2 nights(12th-13th) and doing the Discover Scuba Diving course(both of them offer)...The rates are more or less the same (R4320 and R3850 at sodwana and coral respectively)..Unfortunately,as both lodges informed us,we won't be able to do the course at our first day(12th) because it starts early morning...
Any suggestions of which lodge to select in order to do our first(hope more wiil come!)dive would be much aprecciated!!

P.S What other activities are available to do during the 1st day?Snorkelling,maybe? Otherwise we are thinking to stay at St.Lucia at 12th july(to see the wetlands park) and be at either lodge at 13th early morning to do our course!

Hi jolo!
It looks very nice(we also liked the option to do a boat cruise for dolphins/whales spotting) although it's a bit more expensive than sodwanabaylodge or coral divers...(we are going at 12th-13th which is weekend rates)
But i think the main problem is the access to the lodge...We'll have a rented car(opel corsa) and although Phinda is relatively near this lodge,i read that a 4x4 is required to access Ponta Mamoli...
So we'll probably have to stick to either sodwanabaylodge or coral as soon as you agree.....Hope that it's a good choice for begginers!!

Hi Gio
Your hired car is parked at the border in a lock up garage and and you are tranported to the lodge in a 4x4 it is only about 25Km

Hi Gio
Your hired car is parked at the border in a lock up garage and and you are tranported to the lodge in a 4x4 it is only about 25Km

When did they build a lock up garage?
Last time I drove to Moz we were parking in a field

gio, if you're going to choose between Sodwana Bay Lodge and Coral Divers, may I suggest Sodwana Bay Lodge. I've just heard too many stories about Coral Divers neglecting the environment which convinced me that I'd never support them.

Probably just opened a can of worms so I'll hide under a rock for now.

Thanks for all answers!
I also "heard" not too good things about Coral.....
A forum member(Yazrick) highly recommended Reef Teach both for accomondation and diving...
I've quoted them and waiting for reply....
We'll probably choose between saodwanabaylodge and Reef teach...

P.S We'll also check Ditto Deefstes.....

Thanks for all answers!
I also "heard" not too good things about Coral.....
A forum member(Yazrick) highly recommended Reef Teach both for accomondation and diving...
I've quoted them and waiting for reply....
We'll probably choose between saodwanabaylodge and Reef teach...

P.S We'll also check Ditto Deefstes.....

My diving club has also switched to Reef Teach for those reasons and haven't looked back at all

Back
Top Bottom