first deco dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've done 2 deco dives in a day more often than I've done just 1

My last deep dive workups were (all deco dives unless otherwise noted; all deco dives are on air as back/bottom mix with 50/100 stages for deco):

March
Day 1 - 43m (no deco)
Day 2 - 50m & 32m (no deco)
Day 3 - 50m & 55m
Day 4 - 65m & 70m

April
Day 1 - 46m
Day 2- 50m & 19m (no deco)
Day 3 - 55m & 23m (no deco)
Day 4 - 55m & 65m
Day 5 - 64m & 75m

July
Day 1 - 45m & 55m
Day 2 - 30m, 37m & 31m (all no deco)
Day 3 - 18m (no deco)
Day 4 - 33m (no deco) & 65m
Day 5 - 75m
Day 6 - 29m & 19m (no deco)
Day 7 - 85m (birthday dive!)

That's what's in my logbook anyway, the days might not be exactly right as I only filled it out later - but the order is right. SI between deco dives is usually 2-3 hours, with the runtime cut on decoplanner as a series of 2 dives (where applicable)

I dunno if I should put a disclaimer on this or not - people complain either way. Anyway, here it is: I suggest you don't do deco dives without proper training/mentoring/understanding/equipment

Loving all the info in this thread!

2 questions: what is a 'bounce' dive and what is SAC?

Loving all the info in this thread!

"bounce" is fairly descriptive... drop to a desired depth and come straight back up.... "Tag" would work too

SAC - Surface Air Consumption... useful for predicting gas utilization
NWGratefulDiver.com

For commercial diving companies (and that's what I meant) a "bounce dive" has a rather short duration (from one minute up to one hour) at the maximum depth, compared to a "saturation dive" that lasts for days or weeks at working depth.

As I mean it, it can be more (much more) than just a "touch an go" which is a "short" or "weeny" bounce.

SAC, as already written, is Surface Air Consumption. Fundamental for gas management.

My two cents on the original issue: For anyone that progresses toward agreessive dives flirting deco, or "tech-light" dives with small decompression obligations, keep in mind that you have stepped over the line that you are trained to handle. The temptation will be to step further and further over that line with longer, deeper dives with more deco obligation and as long as nothing bad happens the temptation will remain to go even further. For those that find themselves flirting the recreational limits, I say just get the training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom