First Coz trip - need help planning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, I've seen the posts. I'm sure it's a great dive op and I've stayed at Casa Mexicana. I have no problems with it, or that combination.

My post is in regard the original poster's request. The poster wanted a hotel with shore diving and didn't want to go to the marina via land transport. In those regards, the CM/TP combo doesn't meet either of those requirements.

I took "getting into a car to go to the marina" to mean he didn't want the hassle of finding his own way there. Driving to the marina in a truck takes a fraction of the time and is much smoother than getting there by boat.

He wanted a hotel "close" to the water and CM is close. He wanted to shore dive and it's quite feasible to shore dive as I just stayed at CM last month and did 5 shore dives in 4 days. In some respects, it is preferable as there is a taxi stand right across from the hotel so you can quickly get to any shore dive site. If you stay somewhere like Blue Angel, you have a shore dive on premise but still need a taxi to get to another shore dive site and taxis are not waiting outside the hotel.

Now you may be right in what he had in mind but he may have been thinking you had to be on the water to easily shore dive and that you had to be picked up at a dock to easily get to the marina. We are simply pointing out that it is quite convenient to walk a block (about the distance from your room to dock at Hotel Coz) to TP to be transported to marina, and quite easy to shore dive from CM.

Whatever the reason, the poster said they wanted to avoid it. There are solutions that fit that requirement.

It's a guess, but I suspect the poster read about TP, knew about their transport procedures and was hopeful for a suggestion that allowed diving with TP without land transport *and* easy shore diving from their accommodations. Casa Mexicana doesn't fit that bill.

As they mentioned TP in the original post, I offered a solution that minimized the car ride and provided easy shore diving.

Was it a solution? Do you know that TP will pick you up at a hotel along the way? I've taken a lot of rides from their shop and we have never stopped at a hotel along the way. I suspect it's a matter of not wanting to deal with people being there waiting on time.

We have stopped at hotel Cozumel, park royal, blue angel (very quietly, since there is a conflict) el cid. The divers are on the street and into they truck they go. Very easy,

On the way home, they pay for a taxi to return us to the shoph

I took "getting into a car to go to the marina" to mean he didn't want the hassle of finding his own way there. Driving to the marina in a truck takes a fraction of the time and is much smoother than getting there by boat.

He wanted a hotel "close" to the water and CM is close. He wanted to shore dive and it's quite feasible to shore dive as I just stayed at CM last month and did 5 shore dives in 4 days. In some respects, it is preferable as there is a taxi stand right across from the hotel so you can quickly get to any shore dive site. If you stay somewhere like Blue Angel, you have a shore dive on premise but still need a taxi to get to another shore dive site and taxis are not waiting outside the hotel.

Now you may be right in what he had in mind but he may have been thinking you had to be on the water to easily shore dive and that you had to be picked up at a dock to easily get to the marina. We are simply pointing out that it is quite convenient to walk a block (about the distance from your room to dock at Hotel Coz) to TP to be transported to marina, and quite easy to shore dive from CM.

Everything and anything is an option. You may find it no inconvenience to taxi to shore dive, but others might, and a solution that now has the op taking taxis to shore dive when the op said they didn't want ground travel to dive, for whatever reason, doesn't sound like a great fit.

Well, actually the CM/TP solution has them taking taxis/land transport to boat dive and to shore dive. ????

Was it a solution? Do you know that TP will pick you up at a hotel along the way? I've taken a lot of rides from their shop and we have never stopped at a hotel along the way. I suspect it's a matter of not wanting to deal with people being there waiting on time.

No, it's not a perfect solution as the op is still in a car on the way to the marina, but it minimizes the trip length and addresses their mention of TP as a possible dive op.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom