First couple of solo dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knight1989

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
As I'm solo diving more and more and getting more comfertable with it, actually almost starting to like it more than diving with a buddy, I was just curious if I was the only one who on the first couple of solo dives was worried about some shark or something sneaking up on them from behind. :D

All of the solo divers that I knew have already been eaten by sharks so they will be unable to respond.

Hello

I had the same worry but instead of a shark, it was ogopogo our lake monster. It was sure funny though, now im used to it im good to go. Love solo diving more then a buddie, But remember carry extra everything.

There are so few sharks in freshwater that I never give it a thought.

Never had the fear of being eaten by a shark, but first couple solo dives I was a little more apprehensive then buddy dives. Now if I'm not doing class dives I'm usually by myself. It's just so much more relaxing, brings back the initial joy of diving.

HybridDiver:
Hello

I had the same worry but instead of a shark, it was ogopogo our lake monster. It was sure funny though, now im used to it im good to go. Love solo diving more then a buddie, But remember carry extra everything.

I've seen Ogogpogo down by the Paddle Boat. Kelowna, right? :D

Yea, I get that all the time, still.

Especially in bad viz on deco stops.

I like being able to triumph over that...I can get myself quite worked up out there to be honest.

When my odds go from 50-50 to...worse, I don't really like that. But I love the rest of the solo dive, so I deal.

I'm more afraid of being stopped by the scuba police

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom