First class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is an interesting ratio of students. My OW was 1 girl and myself.

Ice, I share in your feelings on this. I just finished up the course work and pool dives. My OW dives are 2 weeks away at Homestead Crater in Utah and I'm really looking forward to it. Can't wait to get in some real water where I'm not worried about banging my knees on the bottom. Good luck on the rest of your cert.

Franz

I had my first pool session last night. I did all the skills with out a problem except for one. I had trouble and I mean alot of trouble on clearing my mask. Does anybody have any advice on it??? Plus I am going on my first dive on Saturday and I am not feeling very comfortable about it. The instrutor put us in the 12 foot end of the pool but did not show us how to move around. I know nothing on how to use my fins or how to use the bc. I really want to learn but is it really safe for me to go diving this weekend?? Sorry folks I just got kinda freaked last night and just want some input.

If you have a question about how to do something like use your bc or how to kick ask your instructor in class. Chances are you aren't the only person with these questions. I'd ask before you get in the water next.

As for mask clearing, I had the same problem in my class. Just take your time, you'll get it eventually. I don't really have any good advise on how to do it.

There have been a number of threads on mask clearing. Try doing a search on it and you'll find TONNES of information.

(I found that the best way for me to start was to take my mask off in the air, go under, relax and then put my mask on. Did that a few times and once I learned to tilt my head so that the bubbles didn't go up my nose - No problemo)

one tip i always give my students who are having trouble with mask clearing is to take the mask in the shower with you and just practice till you get it. seriously it works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom