First BP/W need Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdetmold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I have been diving for about a year, some local cold water altitude. most travel.

My first bcd was a Zeagle Brigade and i love it! but it's large for travel. this is the main reason I am considering a BP/W. ideally I would like to go cheap and use the wing from my Brigade (35lb Zeagle Escape Bladder) My understanding is this should work fine with a Zeagle BP but I could be wrong? I have to admit im not sure how the wing attaches to the BP.

I do know that as this will be for travel i would like to go aluminum to save weight.

What can people recommend? cheap is good!

this was my thought depending on how the wing mounts

Zeagle Aluminum Back Plate with Deluxe Harness: I can get this for $212.95 shipped
Zeagle Deluxe Harness Backplate System discounts on sale Zeagle

Again depending how the wing mounts i guess i could go cheaper and look at
Dive Rite Deluxe Harness
Dive Rite Aluminum Backplate

Thanks for the help!

-Jeff

Last edited:
Deluxe harness sounds kind of pricey to me. You can go with a standard webbing and save quite a bit. You may be a bit stuck if you want to reuse the wing. You'll have to find a BP that is slotted for the wing, or triglides that can be bolted to another BP.

So I did find this thread http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...tems/68007-using-ranger-wings-back-plate.html and apparently it can be mounted to a zeagle BP
but looking at the Zeagle BP and the Dive Rite Aluminum Backplate i linked in the first post the hole pattern looks the same to me... can I save some money and just go for the Dive Rite Aluminum Backplate that on sale and pick up a harness? or is there in fact a difference with the BP's?

The wing will work but why not just get a Zeagle Express Tech? It's lighter than an AL plate and you end up with 2 full BCs. It's fairly inexpensive at around $250. Add a couple of Drings and it's ready to dive. There are quite a few of us using them for travel and some local diving as well. Zeagle Express Tech BCD

i looked at that only I have not been able to find a place that A. has them in stock and B. will ship to canada.
Is this item still in production? most places show sold out or discontinued

The wing will work but why not just get a Zeagle Express Tech? It's lighter than an AL plate and you end up with 2 full BCs. It's fairly inexpensive at around $250. Add a couple of Drings and it's ready to dive. There are quite a few of us using them for travel and some local diving as well. Zeagle Express Tech BCD

i looked at that only I have not been able to find a place that A. has them in stock and B. will ship to canada.
Is this item still in production? most places show sold out or discontinued

don't know the answers. Try Zeagle Express.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom