First Attempt: Comments / Criticisms?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canadian_Diver:
How do you go about getting rid of BS in PS? I archived all my shots, both good and bad (unless they were a complete write off with nothing to work with).

Depends on where it is and how much of it there is. In CS I prefer the patch tool to the clone stamp or the healing brush, but cdiver2s suggestions are right on. CS2 has a new spot healing brush which is even better. If the backscatter is in the background, you can sometimes isolate your subject on a separate layer and blur or apply a dust and scratches filter to the background layer. Like many things in Photoshop, it depends on the image and your skill level (there is always something to learn). If you have full version Photoshop, Daniel Brown has written an action to help remove backscatter. It helps with many images. I have a link on the board I can post in this thread if you are interested.

Charlie: I am impressed with your results. After years of shooting negatives and slides I was really blown away when I first got an early verson of Photoshop at how much improvement you can get with the minor adjustments you suggested. Keep up the good work!

---Bob

Charlie99:
I didn't do anything about the backscatter, which wasn't very bad, but here's what 10 minutes in Photoshop Elements can do for color correction of the available light photos. Most were just the enhance | adjust color | remove color cast; or were just a levels adjustment layer with RGB each tweaked.

WOW! Nice job Charlie! I'm particularly impressed with the Flamingo Tongue!

Definitely going to have to delve into my archive of uneditted photos and play with them!

Thanks! :crafty:

ScubaBOBuba:
If you have full version Photoshop, Daniel Brown has written an action to help remove backscatter. It helps with many images. I have a link on the board I can post in this thread if you are interested.

Bob, please, I'd be very interested! Tx!

I worked off your lower res posted shots, so my results are limited. Here is my attempt at a little Photoshoppin of some of your shots.

CanadianDiver_TF.jpg

CanadianDiver_CT.jpg

CanadianDiver_FT.jpg

---Bob

ScubaBOBuba:
Try THIS LINK and if you have a problem, let me know.

---Bob

Thanks! It worked like a charm.

Nice jobs on the low res versions. I would have loved to see the hi-res ones too.

Did you post any higher res shots? I got the above off your gallery but they were small. I think I could do a better job with the image file as shot. If you want I will pm you my email address.

---Bob

ScubaBOBuba:
Did you post any higher res shots? I got the above off your gallery but they were small. I think I could do a better job with the image file as shot. If you want I will pm you my email address.

---Bob

Wierd, I swear I uploaded the hires versions??

Sure, if you want I can send them to you that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom