Firehouse Dive Report 8-22-08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NudiHuntrs

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We were able to get off work early Friday so we made our way to the Firehouse for a couple of dusk dives.

Surf report said 0~2.5 and was about right. Easy entry with minimal wave action.
Water temp on first dive was 77 degrees and 2d dive was about the same. 75 degrees at 42' though.

We did both dives in the same general area, in and around the cathedral. The eyes of the team found a couple of great nudibranchs which we haven't seen before. She also found a pair of photogenic harlequin shrimp. My only interesting find was another lionfish. It is nice to see more of these guys showing up again. It's been a few years since we've seen them regularly. Unfortunately, couldn't find the elusive red X!:wink:

Firehouse%20086.jpg

Firehouse%20091.jpg

Firehouse%20070.jpg

Firehouse%20093.jpg

Firehouse%20106.jpg

Firehouse%20107.jpg

Firehouse%20109.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them

Aloha

NH

Nudihunter- you sure have a good eye for small critters. I see a lot of nudis here on Maui but I've never seen these. I just have to keep looking.:wink: Awesome photos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom