Firehouse 7/12 & 7/13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea nmf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a friend visiting, so of course it didn't go as planned. Before we left the house on Saturday, he says to me "Beck, will there be a current?". I said, "Oh no, there is never a current this time of year". Guess what? Yep, current. It was mild but enough to sweep me off course a bit and miss the Cathedral. But we saw the usual suspects; octopus, turtles, rockmover, etc. So, pretty good for someone visiting from Seattle, but crummy for me. I couldn't find the harlequin shrimp, either.

Dive 2 was better. At least we made it to the Cathedral. Inside I was able to find a golden lace nudi for him. We also saw a couple more types of nudi's and two colorful flat worms. But there seems to be a huge amount of fire worms this weekend. I saw them all over.

Sunday:

Dive 1 - straight out to the Cathedral. Lots of divers out this weekend. One large group followed us in and then began not paying attention to where we were. At one point, someone's metal pointer device was an inch away from my mask. I grabbed it and shook it. Then someone landed on me. Gary and I just left right away. Uhhggg!

Dive 2 - saw the big clumpy nudi right outside the exit. We went right and saw a devil scorpion fish, a Titan scorpion fish, a magnificent snake eel out hunting, and a leaf scorpion fish.

He was happy with the dives. And I was happy with most of them.

I believe we passed you guys on our way in. Anyway, we had a great dive and I'll have to put together a post w/some pix after work.
Glad your visitor enjoyed the diving.

NH

wow, guess I really didn't miss anything by ditching you guys! When I saw your post, I was kind of hesitant to read it and find out you had a spectacular time without me... I am sorry it wasn't as good as we have had it, but the selfish part of me is a teeny bit relieved!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom