Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waytallwhitey

Registered
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm new here and relatively new to diving (a *hot* 13 dives!). I'm currently working in Korea and have a chance to pick up a pair of Oceanic Vortex V12 fins for ~ $110 USD. is this a fair price? Are these OK for someone at my level of diving?

Thanks!

Hey WayTall,

Fins are a serious personal choice and really there's not a rule that says you can't have the fins you desire. Normally the only limiting factor is your checkbook balance.

I've had students that purchase $45 fins use them all the way through Dive-Master and beyond. Other students purchase something like ScubaPro Sea Novas at $199 a pop and love them from the get-go.

If you get a chance to try a set of fins before you buy, that is the best situation.

Many of us have more than one pair of fins.... "shh, don't tell my wife though"..

Fins don't really have "levels." Buy fins that fit your feet/booties well and are comfortable, of a style that suits you and your diving - paddle vs split, weight for possible travel, floaty vs sinkers, simple or gimmicky, full foot vs open heel, etc. If you don't know what style you prefer, best to figure that out first. As far as price, you'll likely find that has little direct correlation to how well a fin works or suits you.

Hello!

I'm new here and relatively new to diving (a *hot* 13 dives!). I'm currently working in Korea and have a chance to pick up a pair of Oceanic Vortex V12 fins for ~ $110 USD. is this a fair price? Are these OK for someone at my level of diving?

Thanks!

Split fins? Ya say ya wanna buy split fins? Are ya crazy man? Yer gonna die if ya get split fins! Get yerself some REAL fins! Get a pair of Jet Fins and dive like a MAN!:D

That's it WayTall get him !

Lmao!!:dork2:

No to split fins! Aarrrggh

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom