fins with color...does it last?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTodd77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm thinking 'bout getting a pair of red oceanic vortex fins but was wondering if the color will eventually fade. The reason I ask is b/c I had a red snorkel that now appears pink, despite fresh water rinses after every pool and open water dive...so should I just stick with black?

color will always fade, i am pretty sure

my first pair of fins were blue, and they did fade over the years ... but hey, how else to get that "i've been diving longer than your children have been alive" look?

:)

Red tends to be a very unstable color so the pink snorkel is no surprise. Xhlorine and light exposure will take a toll on any color.

I chose to go with yellow or all accessory items that offer a choice. I did so for the sake of visibility. After over 500 dives and a fail amount of pool exposure my fins are not as brilliant but they still offer a huge advantage in underwater visibility over black.

Pete

the newer the plastics the better the color will hold some more stable colors though are pink blue yellow and greens as when they faid they still stay the same color. i have had blue fins for a year with now fading at all and they have over 35 dives

Ironic, isn't it, that when plastic-bladed fins were first introduced, one of the advantages was said to be the "possibility of colour". The traditional rubber fins they were designed to replace are now available in more colours than ever, if Gull Mews are anything to go by, and they retain their colours:
b0070258_0155427.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom