Fins for small women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nautica2706

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My girlfriend is a petite 160cm tall and weight 40kgs.

She now has an oceanic viper (0.5kg each but dont have enough power for currents) and a gull coco (too heavy for her at 1kg+ each but have good power).

She is looking for something in between. She tried the old technisub stratos open heel fin and she likes it but since they dont have the open heel version anymore, she is having trouble finding them even the used one.

Closest to stratos is the open heel aqualung blade but the smallest they have is Small which is too big.

Anyone have any suggestion?

foot size is 35-36, booties size is 5

Cheers

Well, my feet are 36 - 37, and I do find with size medium Jets in wetsuit booties. I can also use Deep See Pulse fins (light, but too flexible for my liking) and Dive Rite EXP fins in size small.

just checked the diverite...web says the weight is 1.8kg? if that is for one fin only then it would be too heavy.

I still have several pairs of the original aqualung Blades fin in extra small. 5 yellow, 2 blue, and 1pr in black. Shipping to you locale may eat up the savings though.

just checked the diverite...web says the weight is 1.8kg? if that is for one fin only then it would be too heavy.

From DR:

"Okay, here's the weight, per pair, for each of the sizes we offer;

Small 4.020 lb
Medium 5.130 lb
Large 5.54 lb
X-Large 5.635 lb

And please keep in mind that were weighed with the fin pocket inserts.

--Joyce"

My girlfriend is a petite 160cm tall and weight 40kgs.

She now has an oceanic viper (0.5kg each but dont have enough power for currents) and a gull coco (too heavy for her at 1kg+ each but have good power).

She is looking for something in between. She tried the old technisub stratos open heel fin and she likes it but since they dont have the open heel version anymore, she is having trouble finding them even the used one.

Closest to stratos is the open heel aqualung blade but the smallest they have is Small which is too big.

Anyone have any suggestion?

foot size is 35-36, booties size is 5

Cheers

Reading your location i.e water temps, the Aqualung HotShots could worth looking at. "fdog" on this board did a great review on them a while back. Small and light with apparently good performance. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom