Fins and Rock Boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't get my size 10 or 11 Rock boots in an XL jet. The XXL jets are HUGE. Turtles are the best bet IMO, they seem to be sized right in between the XL and XXL jets.

I'm with matt t. I have size 9 rock boots and had to trade in my XL jets for Turtles. The Turtles are the perfect match.

hardhat:
How about trying a pair fins on when you have the rockboots on and then wear the pair that actually fit.

I took my rockboots to the dive shop & tried on fins to see what fit them best... I have sz 8 rockboots, which are a little big for me (but I add a pair of socks to absorb any dampness from the suit's "footies") & had to go with a L ScubaPro twin jet fin... Fits like a glove.

kidspot:
I'm not sure if you're looking for Jets, but if so, the following may help...

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scubaboard/fincomparison.html

Aloha, Tim

P.S. check the chart on rockboots

From your site:
DUI Rockboots 8 XL "Still pretty tight ... need a Jaws of life to get 'em off"

Don't quite understand that-- my rock boots (DUI) are an 8 & I have sz L twin jets and the fit is awesome. The people at the dive shop ooh'd and ahh'd because the boot slid easily into the fin pocket and didn't stick out (of the back of the fin) any more that a bootie would stick out of a fin. The fit is perfect- I couldn't ask for any better..
As far as I know, DUI's rock boots aren't gender specific, so it's not like my sz 8 is any smaller than a man's sz 8. Oh well... I'm certainly not complaining :)

Twin Jets have very different foot pockets from the Jet fins. Much larger... Jets, as nice as they are, have very odd foot pocket sizing ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom