• I know what FAQ means

Votes: 101 98.1%
  • I am computer literate

Votes: 93 90.3%
  • I can only use a smart phone

Votes: 9 8.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll go back to BB if it means I get dark mode though.... Yeah @The Chairman , i'm a squeaky wheel!
If you use Firefox, there's an add-on called "Dark Mode" which will change the appearance of any website. It works on SB, I'm using it right now. There's other add-ons that let you customize everything you see on a site, so if you wanted teal text on fuscia background then you're a moron. Still, you can customize websites to your heart's content with plug-ins. Might be doable on chrome, but I don't know since I don't use it... and if you use ie/edge you deserve what you don't get :wink:.

That said, having native dark mode will be nice. Having user configurable L&F would also be nice.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/dark-mode-by-albert-inc

Since @tbone1004 brought up BB codes...

Could you put a graphic under an active reply box for both smileys and BB codes? To be explicit, I would like to see two active links presented as two simple graphics right next to (and left of) the three boxes we now see as ["Post Reply", "Upload a File", and "More Options..." ].

As it is, we now have to go looking for where the collection of smileys and BB codes live.

@tbone1004: There might be a darker version we'll be calling "Dark Narc" that will be available to those who "Go Red"... :D :D :D

This is the latest prototype (work in progress) of Dark Narc:

upload_2021-9-22_8-58-13.png

If you use Firefox, there's an add-on called "Dark Mode" which will change the appearance of any website.

Screenshots please. As a salvage pirate, I'm quite happy to steal from the best. :)

Could you put a graphic under an active reply box for both smileys and BB codes?

Here is the editor menu on the xenForo site:

upload_2021-9-22_9-11-29.png

I'm not sure I understand, BB code & Smilies are already in our editor:

upload_2021-9-22_9-14-37.png

Hopefully, we'll have added access to embed more media styles, like TikTok, FB and Reddit. Right now, it only supports YouTube.

Hopefully, we'll have added access to embed more media styles, like TikTok, FB and Reddit. Right now, it only supports YouTube.

Ahh, the perfect segue:

upload_2021-9-22_9-23-24.png

:checkbox: In case you can't read it:
  • Apple Music
  • Can I use
  • Dailymotion
  • Facebook
  • Flickr
  • Giphy
  • Imgur
  • Liveleak
  • Metacafe
  • Pinterest
  • Reddit
  • SoundCloud
  • Spotify,
  • Tumblr
  • Twitch
  • Twitter
  • Vimeo
  • YouTube
:rtarrow: And that doesn't include imbedding videos direct in ScubaBoard.

upload_2021-9-22_9-29-46.png

I'm not sure I understand, BB code & Smilies are already in our editor:
Point taken. Honestly, I never looked at the BB code icon as it wasn't obvious to me. I used to go looking for the collection, now I know.

It seems to me that both buttons "Upload a File" and "More Options..." are placed next to "Post Reply" for user convenience. How about I change my request/suggestion to: add a link to smileys next to the 'Easy' buttons? I don't know how that would work with the new format,

I'm still suggesting that a simple set of the most commonly used commands be put somewhere obvious for the casual user.

I’d add tablet to the “I can only work a smart phone” option maybe. Or maybe not.

Sorry I missed this earlier. Unfortunately I hit the maximum number of questions in a poll limit and had to trim a number of questions in my draft. A touchscreen interface, like a phone or tablet, can be challenging to access some of the "mouseover" features in the upgrade — or maybe my digits are too fat and callused.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom